Monday, October 20, 2008

Back from B-more

We just got back from our trip home Saturday. It's different having natural hair and I got different reactions from everyone. I would think that guys like girls to have relaxed more tamed hair. But guys in Baltimore City seem to dig the natural hair thing which is surprising to me. I was in the barbershop with my cousin Tiff who now keeps her hair cut close and natural since chopping off her locks. These guys in there were saying how nice my hair looked. My cousin Sonnie was like "I love it," and my cousins wife commented on how good my hair looked natural. Then she started asking me about my haircare routine which made me feel pretty good. Two of my friends really loved it also. My friend Tiffany was like that is really funky. I thought that was funny. Now for the other comments-my uncle made a comment about me looking scared or sticking my finger in a socket or something like that. My best friends mother was like "what you rockin' a bush?" And my mom didn't really say so, but when she really likes my hair she will say something about it and this time she never did which leads me to think she didn't. It's cool tho-you take the good with the bad. Oh also my mother-in-law said "you're hair looks really cute like that," and my grandma was like "is that your natural hair?-it's growing out real nice,"

So overall I got more good comments than bad. And it's getting closer to me joining the wonderful world of locks. I can't wait!!!

No comments:




it's starting to look much better the more I do it