Friday, October 10, 2008

I've made up my mind

So that's it y'all. I finally made up my mind to do it. I just emailed my sisterlocks consultant and told her that I'm ready. I will be hopefully getting them installed sometime next month. Wooo!!!! I'm so excited. I guess today I realized that having natural hair doesn't mean low maintenance. I had this cute idea for a hairstyle, but when I tried it I didn't like it so much. So I had to change my idea and two strand twist the back of my hair for a twist out. Hopefully it'll look ok for the weekend. We're driving home tomorrow. I can't wait to see all my family and friends. B-more here I come!!

I finally talked to my cousin Tiff. She called me today and gave me the green light. She was like yeah I think that you should do it. She just said that she wouldn't have the patience for sisterlocks. She said she started hers with braidlocs. She also said she was maintaining her own hair for a while which is very encouraging because I do plan to take the retightening class. I don't know if I would have even have the patience to do it myself, but if it will save money I sure will try. She said that she liked her locks while she had them, but then it just got to be too much. As you can see from the picture her hair grew long. She was like locks are hot in the summertime.
"It feels like you wearin' a wool shawl on your neck,"

I thought that was too funny. Anyway she told me that our cousin Valerie actually has sisterlocks. So I'll probably try to contact her and see what her perspective is. Anyway I guess that's it for now. Wish me luck -

No comments:




it's starting to look much better the more I do it