Sunday, November 16, 2008

FINALLY DID IT!!!!

Whoooo!!!!! Well y'all I finally am officially locked. It took like 12 hours. I got there around 9:30 am and we didn't finish until like 9:30pm. Geez, technically half the day. Shout out to my consultant Paulette Brown and her wonderful daughter Ashley for helping her. Without Ashley I probably would have been still sitting there right now lol. I counted them as I was taking out the braids she put them in. I have 389...I think. Having soft nice hair has its advantages when perming and doing straight styles, but certainly not when it comes to locking. They kept making comments like "well with your hair texture" and "your hair might do this and that" which was a little scary. I know this whole thing will be a process and hopefully I won't have too many problems. Overall it was a positive experience. I'm already excited and it hasn't even been one day yet!!! I feel like a new me has been born and I'm looking forward to this life.

p.s. I also posted some pics of my last styling days before sl's.

11 comments:

Tonia said...

You look beautiful :) I love seeing your hair texture locked because my youngest daughter has hair similar to yours and I have wondered if her hair will be locked one day like her big sister's! I think you will like our blog too, come on over and see the girls :)
Huge Congrats! I think you're gorgeous!

Tawanna said...

congratulations on your locks they are beautiful!

Kimani's Knapps said...

Your hair looks so beautiful in all the styles but especially the sl's.

Peace and Blessings,

MsK

CarmenNC said...

I remember you! Bless your heart you got them! Congratulations. Keep blogging.

Natasha Dyer said...

Simply gorgeous! Keep blogging and taking photos. You'll be amazed at how your hair changes.

Ro~ said...

Yeah!!! Congrats and welcome to the Loc'd Family. Enjoy the journey.
Ro~

Allecia said...

Congratulations! Please keep us posted.

Mzcka said...

Congrats girlie...your hair looks good. I also had my locks started two years ago by the wonderful Paulette! Yup drove from the chi-to the "D" for my installation and touch ups for a whole year. I must say you have truly been blessed to have her start your locs.

Candace

leightred said...

CONGRATULATION! They are beautiful.

BlessedGemLady said...

Your locs are gorgeous! I know you're ecstatic that you took this big step towards your fantastic journey. Keep us updated!

Ms. Lena said...

Congrats to you. I love your sisterlocks! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will definitely drop by to watch the progression of your locks. Exciting huh!




it's starting to look much better the more I do it